Founded in 1920, by men and women of deep faith from Western Ukraine,
who like other Ukrainian Communities in the USA wished to have their own
Ukrainian Catholic Church. As in Ukrainian communities throughout the
North East, they asked their bishops in Ukraine that they too might have
all that is Holy in Rus’-Ukraine for themselves and for their children.
The presence of our parish church was seen a vital part of the lives of
those first members because it was their way to life of Holiness and
It is as true today in this 21st century as it was in the year 988.
Now this parish reflects people of varied ethnic backgrounds who have been
drawn to the church because of its beautiful Byzantine-Ukrainian heritage.
In the past the parish was called Descent of the Holy Ghost until recent
years when it became Descent of the Holy Spirit.